The PolyMagTM process provides an effective and automated means to recover manufacturing scrap and waste for multi-material processors. To do this the PolyMagTM additive is incorporated into one of the polymers prior to molding, similar to colorant, making this resin susceptible to the very strong magnetic field produced in the Erium Rare Earth roll separator. Scrap parts are run through a traditional granulator and the PolyMagTM separator can then separate the mixed polymer regrind.
Without the PolyMagTM process companies making parts with co-molded materials either incurred the costs to dispose of these parts, losing the valuable resins or they added expensive labor to manually try to separate the different plastics. Manual separation often involves band saws, razor knives, and peeling that add ergonomic and employee safety risks.
• Variable speed drive on the RE magnetic roll & feed belt
• Locking casters for quick set-up and relocation
• High level, non-magnetic discharge bin sensor to signal or shut off separator
• Automated operation with very low maintenance
• Multi-pass configurations are available
• Available in 115, 230, 460 volts at 50 & 60 cycles